December 03, 2008

Packing Lists

I thought I had done pretty well packing things for our 2 months in temporary/corporate housing. I managed to include:


  • clothes - to cover different types of weather

  • important papers and medical records

  • lots of toys and books

  • sippy cups and kiddie silverware

  • laptops and jewelry

  • booster seat, little potty and stroller

  • important medications

  • Games

However, I managed to miss the following:


  • Clothes hangers for all your hanging clothes

  • Framed pictures of your family and friends

  • A few candles, decorations, etc. so your home doesn't feel corporate

  • Your own rice cooker and water purifier

  • Plastic dishes for the kiddies

It is no big deal, they have Target, Walgreens and CVS. But why didn't I ask those of you who have had experience in such things (Jamie, Julie, Karlene . . .) for help. What other things do you recommend? What types of things do you wish you had packed??

3 comments:

KJonthebanks said...

Solution to one of your problems:

1) Print photo at link below at maximum paper size:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trail_boss/2686693449/

2) Purchase frame at Target.

3) Hang framed photo over sofa.

Jamie Lives in Tokyo said...

Jen, I thought they loaned you a rice cooker? Or did I confuse the story...they gave you an "Asian cooking pkg" which included a wok and a bunch of tiny tea cups but no rice cooker? Are you without rice?! I had no idea of the perilous state of your existence, and I'm really sorry I didn't help more!

Jen said...

KJ - great suggestion - I just feel like someone is missing . . .

Jamie - we do have a rice cooker on loan - but it is smaller than ours, and doesn't have the cool features our has (retractable cord, and spoon holder). I guess we'll survive, but next time - I'm bringing my own!!