I feel like this is a good metaphor for our lives at the moment. We are still pursuing the same things: loving God, cherishing our family, building community, and enjoying all God's blessings. But now, without much warning, we are in a whole new place: a new region of the country, a new city, and a new community. Our beliefs, and many of our day to day experiences seem headed in the same direction, but there is something completely different.
Just like driving in this city, I'm sure it will take a while to become aclimated. But I have faith that ". . . the God who started this great work in you(us) would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears. "(Phillipians 1:5-6, The Message)
Stay tuned for more photos, thoughts and funny stories from our family journey along the same road, with a new name!!!
4 comments:
Hi! Nice to see you again! Hope you're enjoying your new part of the country. I know you are missed in Chicagoland!
I look forward to reading about more of your adventures!
Enjoy the new town! I really like it when we visit there, but the traffic always seems horrific. We'll be there around Christmas as well as in MI, so maybe our paths will cross at some point?
Yay! New blog, new blog!
Grandma G - glad you found us!!
Dutchgirl - we would love to see you. My parents and sisters will be here between Christmas and New Years so we could all have dinner or something.
Tia Julie - how did you become a "fan" before I even posted to this blog. You are way on top of the blog world!!
Post a Comment