December 11, 2008

Code Name: "The V"

We just recently joined our local YMCA. As many people do, we refer to it as "The Y". But for the first few visits/drives by it Calli, remembering it was a single letter, referred to it as "The V". :)

I have to admit that the exercise benefits, while nice, were not my primary motive. It was more about having something to do to get out of the house, the option of drop-off childcare, and perhaps a discount on dance, swim or gymnastic classes in the near future.

So far, we are getting our money's worth. In the 3 days we have been members, we have been 3 times!! We all went swimming in the very fun indoor zero-depth pool on Day 1. Day 2, I dropped the girls off at childwatch and went swimming. (During which time, I realized that it was the first time I had been alone since we moved here!!!) And on Day 3, I dropped the girls off and did a pre-natal yoga class, and walked half a mile on the indoor track. Yay!!

P.S. Gillian: I put you down as our referral - so hopefully you'll get a free month!

2 comments:

Beth said...

So...are you trying to tell us something w/ the prenatal yoga class??? :0) Glad you're enjoying the Y. Nathan loved taking swimming lessons last yr. We just did it for one session and I think we'll do it again this spring. Glad you're settling in. Maybe you can meet some people at the Y.

Jen said...

Oh yes - we are expecting baby #3 to make his/her appearance on or about Feb 23!! Sorry, I guess I hadn't mentioned it on the blog before.